Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Trenton and the Rodeo

I could barely sleep Friday night in anticipation of getting to meet Trenton and his family and to take them to their first rodeo.  First, we had my son's soccer game, then the drive to Harrisburg.  We arrived at about 4:30, checked into hotel, then the kiddos wanted a small bite before we went to meet the Noll's at 6:00 at the farm show complex 

We arrived, and Trenton and Bryce were eating some pizza waiting for us.  They were both sweeties and looked very handsome in their Dreaming of Three shirts.

Then, once he was done with his pizza, he looked through some of his goodies in his goodie bag. He LOVED everything!   The cowboy hat and feather from Salty Cowgirl, the very cool dolphin color zipper pull from Horsehair Bracelets by Candance (he put it right on his jacket), and he thought the feather from Southpaw Beadworks was really cool!  The t-shirts from Penn State and Forever Safe were big hits too!  Mena, his mother, thought the the Forever Safe sponsorship package was going to be really neat for the boys.  So far, it seemed that Trenton is a horse lover no doubt, so I'll be curious as to which animal he picks.  I think they will really enjoy that activity.  Bryce thought the cowboy hat was cool too!  I made Bryce a goodie bag and he also had t-shirt from Forever Safe which he thought was pretty cool too.
After that, Trenton seemed to warm up a little.  He was full of high 5's, wanting to arm wrestle, hugs and telling me to close my eyes, and then he'd say "boo!". 




He definitely didn't take long to warm up to all of us. 


My dauaghter even told me that Trenton told her he loved her.  Mena said that Trenton loves the ladies for sure!
We headed into the rodeo and got seated.  Trenton really seemed to enjoy the music, he was jamming as he sat in his seat waiting for the rodeo to start.  Then, the lights went out, and the announcer got a bit louder.  Noise, loud noise I never realized would bother Trenton with having a brain tumor . My step father never really showed any signs of noise bothering him too much during his year long battle, but then again, we never really went anyplace loud.  So, Trenton's dad took him outside the arena until the lights came back on and it got a little less loud.


Once they came back inside they moved Trenton to an area where it would be easy for him to step outside if it got too loud or dark.  Which turned out better in the end.  We watched some bulls, then a very cool rodeo clown/dog act.  Afterwards, the rodeo clown came up to say hello to Trenton.  They stopped the rodeo and introduced Trenton as a very special guest of the rodeo!  How cool is that!  First rodeo, and Dave Martin stops the performance to welcome Trenton and to present him with an autograph Bullride Mania tshirt signed by some of the bull riders that evening. 


Trenton was totally thrilled and felt very special. 


Then the girls came out to do some barrel racing, which he really enjoyed.  Horses are his favorite!  He started to actually fall asleep towards the end of barrels, as his bedtime is typically 9:00 p.m, so it was a bit past his bedtime and he was stuggling even though he was really enjoying the show.  He hugged me and told me he loved me...so that was very special to me to know how much he enjoyed the rodeo and was comfortable with us all.  I certainly fell in love with him as well in the short time I was able to spend with him.

The family left after the girls barrel race.  We said our goodbyes, and hopefully will see them in Nags Head in June as they are moving to the Outer Banks in the beginning of June.  I hope to have a cookout with them while there, so we can spend some more time with them all and relax some more. 

After  they left I received a text from Mena:  "Trenton just gave the biggest squeal n said mom I love that! Thank you so much for the wonderful night- any time the kids are smiling like this out means they had a great time!!!!".

So I felt like what I set out to do was accomplished--the family having a great time, perhaps taking their mind off of things for a little while. 

And my favorite part, I received yet another text from Mena: 
"Trenton and Bryce are in bed asleep, Bryce will be talking about this for days.  Trenton said he loved the hot babes on horses, lol love that boy! " 

He is one little ladies man for sure!  What a night!  What a great family!  What a very special boy Trenton Noll is!  He is a great Rodeo Kid #2!  I feel very honored to have met him and to have spent the night with him at his first rodeo!




No comments:

Post a Comment