Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Morsel of Hope

My mind constantly spins in regards to how to make Dreaming of Three/Team DO3 better.  It seems that is all that I want these days, more for the Team members who have joined me in "giving back" through their passion of horses & rodeo and more for the Rodeo Kids. 
 
When Team DO3 started, it was mostly my close friends whom I have known for years who stood by my side to help me through a really rough time.  Then, as it grew with more and more members, I feel like each and every one are also my friends as those I have known for years.  Some, I've never met in person, but yet I can tell they too share the same desires, passions and big hearts. 
 
 Last weekend my family and I headed to the All American Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus, Ohio.   My birthday is November 2, so I headed there thinking, I'm gonna pick out some really cool things for my birthday gifts. I came away with nothing for myself.  Not because I didn't like anything there, but because my mind was more on collecting business cards from companies with really really nice items that I thought the Team members would be really excited about receiving in the "Year End Reward" drawing. 
 
Although, I have to say, my shyness didn't really get me involved in too many conversations with companies there. (yes, shyness to those who know me and laugh at that phrase in regards to me!  With people I do not know, nor that know me, I'm very nervous explaining Team DO3, as I feel like they look at me like I'm nuts and why is this woman telling me all this! I'd rather people hear about us, come watch what we do with fund raising, believe in the organization and what we want to do-compared to giving somebody a sales pitch.  As I never intended for all of this to become a sales pitch.  It was something I alone was going to do along with the few sponsors that believed in me from the beginning.)   I collected more business cards and wrote more letters when I returned home.  I still haven't heard from any of those companies, but I don't let it discourage me.  I'll keep on plugging along, hopeful that eventually these companies will take notice and want to also be a part of Team DO3 in the future. 
 
A couple weeks ago, I thought it would be cool to have Team DO3 Stallions.  Each stud owner could sign up just as a member would, but instead donating an amount per stud fee.  They could choose however much they desire to donate to their chosen charity.  I also thought, there could be a "Team DO3 Official Stud of the Year"!!  Therefore, I called a stallion owner  that I would LOVE to be able to have a colt from someday!  (Just not so sure I want to reproduce Sis!  I love her to death, but would really like a horse that I don't have to worry so much about kicking.)  Jack Reddick was happy to participate and  I am proud to say that we HAVE a Team DO3 Official Stallion! 
 
His name is Sinnsuous Firewater from Oklahoma!  In 2013 for the "Year End Reward" we will draw from those members who turn in their charity checks for a breeding to Sinnsuous Firewater! 
 

 
I think this is a great benefit to being on the Team!  To have a chance at a foal from this beautiful talented stud! 
 


My next goal is to find a company (s) to donate a vacation for two to the NFR!  This will be another drawing from those that send in their charity checks at the end of 2013 as well.    So not only will I draw for the breeding, for the other great items (I plan on getting items donated just as I have this year through sponsorship), but also for the NFR trip!  (hopefully).  That is my main focus for 2013! To get my 501c status, and to acquire more sponsorships to benefit the Team members & the Rodeo Kids!
 



We continue to get new members and new State Team Captains!  Below are the current State Captains:
 
 
Haylie Burch - MS
Mary Elzie - TN
Carlie Hayes - TX
Brandi Reicheneker - OK
Brittney Barnett - CA
Andrea Cherwinski - MI
Heather Jarman - NC
Jamie McKinney - KS
Christina Rasmussen - ID
Emily  Miller - SC
Eventually, I'd like to have a State Captain in each state!  Even in Western Ohio and Eastern PA, as I can't get to those areas.  If you are interested in becoming a State Captain, please contact me at Jackie@dreamingofthree.com.  Firstly, you must be a member of TEAM DO3 of course, and get your feet wet to see what we are all about. 

The State Captains we currently have certainly mirror my desires and passion for this all.  I can tell with all of their enthusiams!  It truly makes me feel like I made the right decision in handing the reins over to these members to grow the Team within their own States. 

My Kansas State Captain, Jamie McKinney wrote to me recently:   Thanks again for starting this whole thing, it feels good to be able to make a difference, even if you can't donate a lot, every little bit helps, and I love the fact that my daughter is more determined and competes even harder now!

 

This is truly what I wanted for everybody that joins!  For them to feel as though they are making a difference, as every little bit counts~and to have that desire to ride longer, harder and more aggressive, as you know you are out there competing for more than just yourself!  (or spending time in the saddle trail riding for more than just your enjoyment~you are giving back through your joys).

Next weekend is the Northstar Rally!  I hope it will be a great success to raise more funds for Northstar's care.  You can keep up with Northstar and get tickets to the rally at www.helpnorthstar.com

Rodeo Kid #4, Aaron Amon is in the current issue of Rodeo News too!  (page 120)

 
It is a great article!  Dreaming of Three ordered a copy of the article displayed on a plaque for Aaron to always remember his night at the rodeo with Team DO3!  Perhaps when he's at the NFR someday in the future, he can give a shout out to us! 
 
So as you can see, things continue to happen for DO3.  Although I send out more letters of sponsorship requests than what I recieve back, I continue to forge ahead!  The spirit of this Teamis strong!  We will continue to hope for bigger and better things for the Team, for the charities, and for the Rodeo Kids in the future.    We have some wonderful fund raisers to come with our charities, State Captains have some awesome things up their sleeves, and we are on the search for our next Rodeo Kid in the Ft. Worth, TX area.    So stay tuned, as I will make sure that we continue to keep it interesting even through the winter months!
 
The human spirit is strong. It seems to run forever on nothing but a morsel of hope. Without it, you have nothing. With it, nothing else matters.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment