Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Harry

It is truly amazing how when things seem to be going so wrong, friends and family step up to help you.  As I mentioned, Beth Penland is going to take over raising some funds for the charities while Sis heals these next few weeks.  Also, my Connie Combs clinic is this coming Thursday.  As you know, I was truly excited about being selected to ride with Connie, so when Sis needed her few weeks off, my heart was crushed. 

Several years ago, I was scheduled to ride with Charmayne James in a weekend clinic.  I can't tell you how excited I was about that as well.  However, Sis and I got into a bit of an arguement, and she won!  I broke my wrist, and had to cancel out of that clinic as well.  So when I realized I couldn't take Sis Thursday, it was very upsetting to me.  Once again, however, a friend, Melissa Kelly, stepped up and is allowing me to borrow her good horse, Harry to take to the clinic. 
He is a great horse no doubt!  I've watched Melissa run him and compete against me for several years.. most the time kicking my butt, so I am very excited to be riding Harry these next few days. 

Which, "next FEW days" is just it!  I have 4 days to get accustomed to a horse that I've never sat upon and take to a clinic!  I don't know if I'm just crazy or determined!  I do know one thing though, I am forever grateful for these friends who have saved me from losing weekends without earnings for the charities, and a friend who is entrusting me with her horse so that I may still participate in the clinic.  I am usually on the other side of things, where I have loaned Sis to friends whose horse got hurt, or passed away and they are in the running for points and awards at the end of the year.  I've never been on the side of needing a horse to borrow.  So it is a slightly strange feeling for me but at the same time an amazing feeling!

Thank you to all!  Even to my family for getting up early this morning to go and get Harry and to rush back for my daughter's birthday party tonight!  Sorry for the drive guys and thank you to everybody for all your support that you are giving to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment