Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

...one child at a time!

I hope to someday have Team DO3 riders participate in the "Rodeo Kid" program.  We can reach more families in more states across the country with Team members participating!  As you can see, just taking families out for the evening, means the world to them. 

I was very happy and deeply touched by Mena's (Trenton's mom) email below:

Hey Jackie Thanks again for taking our whole family to the rodeo.  It really meant alot. I read your blog, awesome, and pics were so cute! It really was a night out that we needed. Between packing to move, doctors appointments and Eric traveling there has been very little family time the last 8 weeks, so it was truly appreciated! Also the fact that Trenton did so well climbing the stairs and sitting there was so exciting for me, it truly brings tears to my eyes as he continues to overcome hurdles. I do not always think of my son having a handicap and so many times I forget things. Things like those step for instance. A few months ago he could not have managed his way up those steps at all. To see him doing it now, well it is amazing. We truly feel blessed by all that he gives us. 

The gift you are giving families is precious, time out, time as a family and time for smiles, something we all need. Thank you again and thank your family also. Yes Sierra stole Trenton's heart, he told me afterwards he liked that "pretty girl", quite the ladies man!

She also sent a photo of Trenton, as he played "cowboy" in his new cowboy hat from Salty Cowgirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment