Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Got to make hay while the sun is shining!




I can remember those words growing up-when hay was ready, didn't matter what you had planned, where you were going, we had to stop what we were doing to get the hay for the year.  Things do not change when it comes to hay.  Our hay man called this morning, and wanted his trailers unloaded today instead of tomorrow as he was cutting more and needed to fill the trailers back up-- therefore, no barrel race today.  :(  I was hooked up, packed up, horses bathed, and ready to break Sis back out!  Now, I sit doing laundry waiting for hubby to return with a truck load to help unload.  Is a hard pill to swallow, but I know it needs to be done.  Unfortunately, the show is small, so by the time we are done with the hay, the show will be over-I was hoping for a bigger show, where at least the 4D would have run later this evening, therefore, being able to make it out to run at least once today. 

It truly seems as though everything continues to prevent me from getting out to race-to make money to give to the charities.  I don't understand it at all.  I thought I was lead down this path, in order to do good for others, but yet, I just can't seem to get back out there winning. 


So, I'll take a deep breath-hope that all things happen for a reason, and perhaps Sis just wasn't ready yet to get back in the arena.  Perhaps she needed another week or so of legging up, as I was down with the flu last week and into this week, only riding her twice last week, and three times this week. Next weekend is Venango County Fairgrounds, where the news crew will be coming out to do a story on TEAM DO3...  I will be better prepared!!  (and hopefully have all hay put up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment