Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

My First Paycheck on Smoke

Finally, I am able to contribute to TEAM DO3 tally!  I started off the day by going to church, then hurried home to load up and run over to Simmons.  I no sooner got there, entered, and had to saddle up, as the show was fairly small.  

I have to say, what a joy he was to load on the trailer alone (without having to load Snowball to get him on trailer), to warm up without the bucking and acting like a nut (which Sis usally does all the time), and to walk into the arena without all the ruckus!  He worked like a perfect gentleman.  I won the Masters class.  (even though there wasn't many there today, but a win in a win!).  Then for the 4D, he fired alot harder but slipped at the 2nd barrel, and came out of it really wide.  We finished the pattern, but was pointless to push him after his slip.  All in all, was a good day for us.  Only was at the show for about 2 hours, so was very quick compared to most, which are usually all day long! 

We came home, my daughter had her soccer game, and we grabbed a pizza afterwards...  So, got 1/2 of our hay up, got some laundry and cleaning done, and getting into my groove with Smoke.... all good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment