Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Friday, December 9, 2011

NFR 2011

As I watch the NFR barrels, I constantly think "sure wish I could put some of our Northeastern horses up against those that are running.  See where how we all compare".  Those runs at the NFR are awesome runs no doubt and of course it makes me NOT want to take a 3 month break.  However, the cold air, darkness, and mudd everywhere, tends not to be real enjoyable keeping a horse fit this time of year.  Then of course, if you do try to keep one fit through winter, races are constantly being cancelled due to ice or snow.  Anyway, back to my to my thoughts of which arena do we compete in up here that is similar to that in Vegas.  Buckhorn?  I think it's close, but perhaps a tad larger pattern at Buckhorn.   There are so many awesome horses up here that every weekend make beautifiul runs, just as those during the NFR.  Just wish some of us Northeastern cowgirls could be thrown into that World of NFR, and see if we can hang, or if we are left in the dust.  I suppose I will get my reality check next year, when I try to compete at a few rodeos and see if my first division horse can hang with the IPRA girls or if I am left leaving with my tail between my legs.  I'm excited to find out however.  In my lifetime, I've come to realize that you can't depend upon other people for what you want. You can't be scared to go out and get it. You have to dream big, wish hard & chase after your goals, because no one is going to do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment