Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Friday, June 8, 2012

Road Trip!

When I found out my draw number for the rodeo in Huntingdon, I decided to try to get some tv coverage!  Therefore, putting out some press releases.  I'm happy to say, that "Central TV Live" will be having us on the show on Thursday, June 14!  It is on at 4:00, and of course is LIVE! 
So, I called to my posse of TEAM DO3 riders, and asked if any would like to be on tv with me!  As I would do so much better with some support from my Team!  Along with my family, I have seven Team members making the road trip so far!  Hopefully, I will hear from more!  I surely wish I would have ordered some of those car flags with our logo to put on all of our cars on the trip out! 

I wanted the show to come to the rodeo Saturday night, so that they could interview Gabby as well, but their schedule did not permit.  So, we are literally "taking one for the Team", and driving out Thursday and back Thursday, as any exposure or coverage is great to get more awareness for what TEAM DO3 is all about!  More awareness, means more sponsors, and more team members and in the end, more for all of the charities! 

I sure hope we can continue doing such things as a Team!  It truly was alot of fun being in the parade on Memorial Day!  The tv show will no doubt be fun as well!  Then of course, the rodeo on Saturday with Gabby and her family!  So alot of fun things happening with TEAM DO3 besides our normal activities on weekends with our beloved animals! 



Paige Campf
One of our Team mothers, Karrin Campf said this to me the other day -- "Paige is even more aware now of what other children are going through and I credit that to you!!! Our sitting and talking with her has sparked the thought process for her about caring for others and above all is a lesson in empathy..something our culture is starting to lose!!!"   No doubt that TEAM DO3 is more than us raising money for charities, it is also teaching some very important values for our kids! 

RIDE ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment