Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Central PA Live

Yesterday, I have to say, as quite exciting for my family.  We headed out to State College about noon to go to our tv interview on the Central PA Live show.  We arrived at the studio about 3:30.  It certainly wasn't I expected.  It was very quiet, just the camera man and the host.  They certainly made us all feel comfortable. 

We watched the show from the conference room, or were allowed to go out and watch it live.  But when it's a live feed, the tv is delayed a few seconds, so hearing it on tv., and listing to her talk, it was hard to concentrate on one or the other.  So we wathed mostly on the tv in conference room. 

I tried to tell myself just to remain calm, as when it comes to talking about what I've started, what we are doing now, I am at ease with everybody.  It shouldn't be any different talking to somebody while being filmed.  There was no studio audience, so it should be fairly easy.  However, I still was nervous, regardless.  My husband said that I did a good job, that I didn't stutter or lose train of thought.  My son however, locked up a tiny little bit.  My daughter tried hiding behind us.  I guess their acting careers aren't going to start in the near future!  :) 

So here is the segment:

http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext?nxd_id=377852 

After the interview, we met up with a co-worker and friend and headed to Delgrosso's Park, who is also one of my Rodeo Kids sponsors.  It was a beautiful night, and the kids rode some rides until about 8:30 p.m., and we headed home.  



We arrived home fairly late, and had to get up for work next morning, but I still rushed to the computer to see the clip!    Then of course thought about everybody I could send it to!  I thought for sure by morning, with the tv spot, I'd have 20 more likes on my Facebook page!  I acquired three.  :(  I told my husband, it's amazing what you think will bring traffic doesn't so much, then what you don't think will bring traffic, does.  He told me it was all worth it though, as it was experience for me, and it did get the word out there.  So maybe more will come to the rodeo Saturday night, more will look up Dreaming of Three at a later date.  Regardless, it will go on my website to the library of media, which is always a good thing!


On another great note, I talked with Connie Combs, and she agreed to give all TEAM DO3 members a subscription to her quarterly newsletter, Let's Ride!  So we have added yet another great benefit to the TEAM membership!


I will be working on a Press Release over the weekend regarding Connie's teaming up with TEAM DO3 as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment