Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Gearing" Up For First Barrel Race!

This weekend will be my first barrel race of the season!  Woohoo!  I am so ready!  I cannot wait to make a run.  I haven't even made a practice run yet, but is usually the case every season.  Sis doesn't typically need a practice run, she knows her job well.  It's probably me that gets more of the jitters for that first run of the season.  I think, "am I gonna fall off!?".  as you know those muscles don't stay in shape over winter.  Even just legging a horse up, you do not use the same muscles as when you make a run.  Seems like after every first barrel race of the season, I wake up Sunday morning sore!  Nonetheless, I am ready!  Ready to throw my leg over my saddle, and enter that arena with the confidence that I have so many supporters, so many names on those saddle crosses to make proud, and a mission this year to to do well for all those out there fighting cancer and heart disease!

I also received my sponsorship kit from Lubrisyn today!  So Sis will be starting that tomorrow, and I cannot wait to see the changes in her!  I know for sure that she will improve!  They also sent some for myself!  So no more creaking and cracking in my joints!  I have no doubt I will feel so much better!  The clothing they sent is awesome!  A jacket, couple long sleeve shirts that I can rodeo in, and short sleeve, and a hoodie to take along with me during those cooler evenings at the rodeos!  I will wear their gear proudly! (photos to come as I wear at shows or rodeos).
I will wear all the things sponosored to me with pride, from my new hat from Star of the West, to the clothing from Lubrisyn, and all of it will be a reminder to me of how I have such support and people out there believing in me.  It's what I need to succeed no doubt!

So if you are in the Eastern Ohio area, stop on out to Simmons Equestrian Center in Negley Saturday-as I will be there, ready to rock n roll!  I will also have a table set up with information on Lubrisyn, Star of the West, and some other sponsors as well.  I'll have my shirts for sale, and also the mug that Amy LeClaire created  for me to raise more funds to take more families to more rodoes.  Stop on over and say hello, I'd love to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment