Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Fault Winter Returned

Well, the last two weeks I have managed to get Sis rode three times.  I thought I was goin to be able to increase the times per week and have her fit and ready by the end of March.  However, seems as soon as I even have the thought of legging her up, or this time, actually getting in that saddle and riding several times, winter returns!    Spring can't come soon enough!    The ground is frozen once again!  It makes it hard to be consistent.   Hopefully, this Spring-like weather the middle of the week will give me a couple more opportunities to at least begin a little bit of a routine.  

I am still awaiting news from Connie Combs clinic at the Equine Affair to see if I was selected to participate.  That is mid-April.  So I would really need to have her in pretty good shape by that point! 

I did get to see the Horse & Rider page!  It is awesome!  I can't share quite yet, but I certainly will once the April issue hits the stands for those of you who do not want to actually purchase the magazine.  I believe it will help me gain some more sponsors for the children I take to the rodeos. (I hope so anyway).  And of course, help sell more shirts in order to be able to afford to take more families to rodeos this season.

I did receive a wonderful note from a friend of the Noll family, which really touched my heart.  These kind words are what keeps me pushing forward with everything I am doing for 2012:
HI, I'M A FRIEND OF TRENTON'S - YOU DON'T KNOW HOW INSPRING YOU ARE FOR OUR ALL OF US.... I HAVE BEEN VERY BLESSED TO HAVE TWO HEALTHY ADULT CHILDREN. BUT HAVE WATCHED TRENTON'S FAMILY GO THROUGH UNBEARABLE CHALLENAGES YOU ARE ON MY PRAYER LIST EVERY NIGHT FROM NOW ON.....YOU HAVE STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE (OR BARREL!) FOR OUR HURTING FAMILIES.
I just cannot wait to hit some barrel races and rodeos, and hopefully start earning money for the charities!  Pray for SPRING!

No comments:

Post a Comment