Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Winter Blues

As a barrel racer in Pittsburgh, typically come the end of February, those of us that don't have indoor arenas or a place to ride during winter months, tend to be bouncing off the walls and itching to get back in the saddle.  I am usually one of these people.  However, with Dreaming of Three, I have kept fairly busy getting the word out there through social networks, creating a new website, and shipping the t-shirts.  This evening however, while doing my nightly chores down at the barn, the warmer weather, the seemingly longer days, nuzzling Sis's nose before I brought her in for the night, I am ready to throw a saddle over her back and start competing!

My family and I have kept fairly busy as well, keeping the winter blues away.  We've gone to "Nuclear Cowboy's", a freestyle moto cross show.  This weekend we are headed to Monster Truck's.  Next weekend we are headed to Horse World Expo to see the Theatre Equus!  So, although I do miss riding, it is always a great time of year to spend time with family without all the busy schedules of summer activities.  

I am looking forward to being able to have more to write about as well with Dreaming of Three, as seemingly these winter months have me feeling as though there isn't much to report.  I want the momentum to continue!  I did get word that the April issue of Horse & Rider will be on shelves mid March!  So keep your eyes out for that issue and look in the "talk" section for a blurb on Dreaming of Three.  I would just love to acquire some more sponsors for the kids with this exposure.  Waiting though, is very hard.  Waiting for something more to happen--like a magazine contacting me, or a news station, or sponsor, etc..  I have my ups and downs with feeling like I can make all of it a success, but ultimately, looking back to the photos of Amy and her family, their smiles, looking back at the kind words people have spoken about being able to allow their loved one's initials on my saddle crosses so that they too can ride with me this year, and just overall the response from strangers that I've received, is what keeps me moving forward--pushing ahead.  Even some of my sponsors recognizing how far I've moved forward, telling me how impressed they are-helps my confidence. 

So, until I throw a saddle over Sis's back-I will try to keep you entertained with good news and happenings of Dreaming of Three!

No comments:

Post a Comment