Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Giving the Avenue to Reach Out

I was told once, by a friend, that what I am doing with the children that are fighting cancer is certainly giving other's an avenue to reach out to families struggling with cancer or heart disease.  As I continue on with this journey of "Dreaming of Three", I am really able to see that.  As how often, I'd see or hear about a family on tv, that are going through hardships, or diseases like cancer, and for the most part, there are donation sites set up to donate money.  I always try to do so when I see these types of things on tv, or online.  However, typically, you can't write to the family with your support and love. 

With Dreaming of Three, I am giving each and every one of you the opportunity to reach out to a family having to go through the heart wrenching struggle that cancer or heart disease seems to deal.  I am not only taking the family to a rodeo, I am making a package up for each child, along with any siblings and Mom and Dad too.  Notes from my supporters with their donated items, or even just a note from anybody that would like to say "hello, I care".   

If you follow my blog, or my website, you will see, it's NOT about me.  Sure, I'll report on my successes (or failures) in and outside of the arena, or what me and my mare are up to regarding the upcoming season, but for the most part, it is about "paying forward" and doing something nice for other's.  So whether you'd like to be anonymous in reaching out to these families, or if you'd like to reach out and let them know who you are and that you care, I want you to know that you can do so through Dreaming of Three.    As I know all of our hearts break when we see a child going through something so horrible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment