Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Friday, February 24, 2012

FOOT!

Well, today, after about a month of limping around, I finally decided perhaps it was time to go see the Dr. about this little issue.  #1 reason-hubby told me if I didn't, it could interfere with my riding!  As, it seemed like the foot was starting to feel better, but then when I rode the last few days, it got worse.  So, with that thought, when I was only exercising and not competing, I certainly do not want any interference once I start my season. 

I went yesterday, and they told me it could be a stress fracture, or some sort of small tumor that grows in a certain area of my foot-which would only be the size of a pea.  They are benign tumors, so nothing to worry about, but would still need to be removed.  So, needless to say, luckily I went to have looked at to try and figure out which it is, as if I have to have surgery to remove that thing...could put me down a few days.  Certainly can't have that in middle of a season! 

I had the X-Rays done today, and should know beginning of next week if they can see any fracture.  Then, if not, it's onto have a ct scan I guess.  Which, I do NOT want to have done, as clausterphobic and went in that thing once already!  NO FUN!  Thought I was going to have a panic attack!  Actually, I think I did have a panic attack and almost sat up and got the heck out of there!  Regardless if they said don't move!!! 

So, to me, this is NOT the way I envisioned the beginning of my season starting.  BUT, I will deal with whatever it is-and no matter what, WILL be riding and legging Sis up.   (I tend not to listen in regards to if I should ride or not...  I need to ride, therefore, I will ride)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment