Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Getting the buck out!

Well, with the beautiful day, and not so bad evening...bright skies with the stars out-I couldn't stand it anymore!  It was time to throw the saddle over Sis's back, trim that mohawk she had going on and get back in the saddle and start legging her up! 

The toughest part about being a barrel racer (in PA)-are the winters!  Of course, because I work full time, and work an hour from home, I do not get home until it is dark-so that is a big hinderence as well.  So the end of the year is always tough, riding and keeping Sis fit at night, and then the beginning of the season as well.  But, I was determined this evening, as friends have already either been riding all through the winter, or have 3 weeks in and ready to start hauling if the weather permits. 

I was able to ride up and down our barn driveway, which is a hill, but lit well with the dusk to dawn light and also the light of the stars.  Luckily, as we trotted up the hill, and Sis felt the need to get that buck that has been building up all winter out...  the hill pooped her out enough that it wasn't so bad after 3 or 4 times up and down! 

I will have to say however, after turning 40, your body just starts to go downhill!!  About a month ago, I woke up one morning with an injured toe.  I really had no clue what I did, but I had a limp and swollen toe when I woke up!   I believe it was the roller skating the few days before that injured me.   I THINK from using that foot to stop, somehow, did something to the darn thing.  No clue really.  But, just seems to be taking forever and day to heal!  Tonight, in the stirrup, I certainly felt it!  Darn thing better get healed or it's coming off!!!  Can't have it hindering my riding!  :) 

Anyway, I am ready to get this season started and I am back where I love to be, in the saddle!  2012..here we come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment