Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A face to a set of initials.

Often times, I've asked people to share their photos of the loved ones they place on my saddle crosses.  It is really nice to see some faces of those I am going to be trying to raise money for in 2012.  To know who "rides" with me, as I turn n burn! 
 
I received Sheri's initials to go on one of my crosses from her sister on Barrel Horse World. Here is what she wrote:
 
Read your post and got teary eyed. I lost my older sister, Sheri, to breast cancer last June. She was 54. My other older sister, Sue, had thyroid cancer but has been cancer free for several years. My big sisters had me riding before I could walk and were both barrel racers back in the day. Sheri rode ...a big appy gelding named Bo and Sue rode a little QH mare named Tiki-Tu. I'm sure my sister, Sheri, would have loved to take another spin around the barrels! So, if you would please put the initials SES and SEB on your saddle, that would be awesome!! I am attaching a couple of pictures of my sister, Sheri. The first one is of her riding one of my geldings with her grandaughter, Sydney.
 
 
To know more about the initials on my crosses, really does make me feel good.  If you want to share more about your loved one, please email me and send some photos as well. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment