Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Trenton Noll

Here is a little bit about Trenton, from his mother Mena:

My name is Mena Noll and I am both the Outreach Person for Children's Cancer Recovery and also the mother of a child with cancer. I want to personally say thank you for reaching out to us. Reading your email was inspiring to see what you have done and how you want to give back touches my heart. My story of how I came to Children's is somewhat similar. My son Trenton was diagnosed almost four years ago with a brain tumor at the age of two. Since then he has struggled with this continuous battle of constant treatment and surgeries. Complications from this process has caused this child to overcome more than you can imagine. A surgery in 2009 left him unable to talk, walk, and almost lost all memory, but he came back from it all with his amazing strength and courage, he is my inspiration! Last year he briefly went into remission which is how I came to Children's Cancer Recovery. They were the only organization that helped us when we were going through our battle. The financial difficulties that come with having a child with cancer can be overwhelming. It was their Helping Hands Program that gave to us when no other organization would. For three years they continued their support and helped to enable me to stay where I was needed most, by Trenton's side. Last January when Trenton went into remission I like you wanted to "pay it forward" so when they asked me to come on board with the organization it was the perfect opportunity.
Since then Trenton has resumed treatment and we are currently on a clinical trial for a last attempt to save his life. We realize the blessings we have had with this child and put our faith in God to choose Trenton's path. I have continued on working with Children's because I know how much work is needed done to create more awareness and raise more funds for childhood cancer. One of the events I created was the Ride for Hope, an event for trail riders to gather for a fun family camping weekend. When I got this email I couldn't have been more excited to hear what you are doing and would love to attend. There are some pictures of Trenton on The Ride for Hope site at http://www.rideforhope.embarqspace.com/ if you want to see him and my son Bryce.

No comments:

Post a Comment