Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

National Western Stock Show & Rodeo & AMY!

 




What a touching experience the rodeo in Denver turned out to be! Amy and her family were all very nice and it felt so good to give all of them a big hug! 

We got to the rodeo, and her family was already there.  So, I took down their goody bags and said hello.  Immediately, Amy was looking through her bag, and so was Ben, excited to see what was inside.  What was so adorable, was that she saw my shirt, found the shirt I gave her, and wasted no time putting it on.  Then, somehow, managed to wiggle out of the shirt she had on previously, down her legs and off her feet!  I have no clue how kids manage to do so! 

I teared up of course when her mother, Andrea, asked about my step father and dad.  My step father's ashes are actually in Colorado, as he was a avid hunter and Colorado mountains is where he wanted to rest.  I think when we return in July to Denver, we will try to find where he lays and the cross that was made for him and placed on the mountain.

There were several of the rodeo queens that went over to Amy and her family to take photos, and give autographs.  Then, also, some saddle bronc riders came to say hello as well.  Her mother said she had never met so many of the contestants and rodeo people before.  She also mentioned that all the attention was great for Amy, as after her "negative" status for cancer, the attention slowly started to subside, as people tend to go back to their busy lives and daily routines where Amy's household wasn't filled with constant visitors. 

Overall, we got a lot of great photos (some I am still waiting for ), great video (which I will put together next week), and great memories.  Memories that I will never forget.  I hope Amy and her family will never forget that night either.

Order your shirt today to help me continue to make more memories for more families.

No comments:

Post a Comment