Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Passing of Legendary Coach Joe Paterno

Through my 20 years of working for Franco, Joe was of course part of that world.  I've spoken to him several times on the phone, but never really knew the man personally.  What I do know, is that my boss, somebody who is basically like part of my own family, is grieving terribly for the loss of his friend and mentor. 

Joe's initials were placed on one of my crosses when the news broke that he had cancer.  He is at the bottom center. 


I know there isn't much I can do to stop the hurt and pain of his family or for Franco at this time.  However,  this is exactly why I decided to "Race for a Cause" in 2012.  As I have always felt helpless when a friend or my own loved one passed on from cancer or heart disease.  With carrying the initials of those who have passed on, or who are still fighting, I am trying to raise money in their honor to help find a cure for these horrible diseases that take so many of our family and friends. 

I hope to have the same type of winning season in 2012 with my barrel racing and rodeo, just as Joe and Penn State had for so many years in college football.  He will forever be remembered as one of the greatest college football coaches of all time!  RIP Joe!  You will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment