Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pinkies

Yesterday at the barrel race, I was able to deliver some Pink TEAM DO3 shirts to our Team members!  As you can see, they were worn proudly!  You can get yours at http://dreamingofthree.bigcartel.com/product/team-do3-shirt-pink  All team members can purchase for $15, non-team members can purchase for $25, as your proceeds go to taking more Rodeo Kids to rodeos in the future!  So wear the shirt with pride, as you too are a team member by helping us raise more money! (we also  have grey shirts now as well in the store)

Team member Kylie Wells


My daughter and Team member Sierra Harris

Team member Megan McCorkle
I have to say, that as the months go on, I can feel the comradery between all of the Team members when there are several of us at a show sporting Team shirts.  It's a different type of comradery than the normal, as we all know we are not only out there to win, but out there to win for more than ourselves!  So, when we see one of those shirts go into the arena, even when that person is competing in the same class as you, you want that person to do well to earn more for the charities.  It has brought us together in a different type of way.  As before, of course, we all have the same passion obviously, and as friends in our community of barrel racers, you want each other to do well. However, with this added component of TEAM DO3, it makes it that much more exciting to cheer on your opponents!  So whether that person just smoked your behind, you are still happy for them, giving them a high five as you pass each other! 

Of course, with so many of us wearing the shirts at the same shows, it brings more awareness to what we are doing.  I had alot of people ask about them and what we are all about.  Myself, and I am sure other Team members, I am proud to tell them.  I have a sense of pride when explaining it all.  Because, not only am I enjoying what I love best with friends and family, but it has a little bit more meaning behind it every time I enter that arena. 

Sis and I making a smoking run!
Sis ran really well for me.  It was a big pen, so I am always nervous thinking its so much further for her to run, and hoping that lasiks works!  It did, and she was fine.  I get more and more confident every time I make a run and she is fine, helping me to get back to where we were before this bleeding stuff all happend.  Because, afterwards, when I'd go to run, I had a fear of it all happening again, so I didn't want to push her too hard.  I hope she stays wells and we can continue being a team for years to come!

This was the first show for my daughter and son on their new rides.  I have never pushed my kids to ride, as it was my hobby, my passion, I didn't want to force it upon them.  So they have taken a little longer to get to those show arenas than most of the kids within our barrel racing community.  I am proud that both kids did well.  Shane, got 2nd in peewee barrels.  Sierra had some bit issues in the youth, but we just need to figure things out there for her.  She did well though.  She's a little bit more timid than Shane, so it was tough finding her the proper horse that wouldn't scare her or be too hot as a barrel horse.  Shane, I need to work on the fact that when the announcer calls his name into the arena, it doesn't mean he's a celebrity!!!  As he starts blowing kisses to the crowd and waving as if he's a rock star as he enters the arena with one hand on the reins not concentrating!  UGH!!! 


Shane & Nikki's first barrel race!


My husband managed to get some tips from Riggin Bag Photography at Aaron's rodeo, (Wendy Davis), and being she has the same camera, showed him how to use it properly.  Therefore, when he comes along to shows, he'll be taking photos of all Team members!  Compliments of TEAM DO3!  It gives him something to do, and I think is a great benefit for the Team!  We all love our photos!  Some great, some not so glamorous!  As mine is not!  Smoke and I, have not figured out that third barrel!!  We are about 10 miles away, and my face says it all....."aaah SMOKE!"


Then of course, before when warming up, my hubby thinks it funny to take shots when I'm yelling at him to NOT take photos of me when I'm not ready!  I look like a dweeb!


Even Smoke wasn't ready!  Look at his lips!

All in all, was a good day!  Although the show moved so quickly, I never sat down between getting kiddos ready and riding.  It was no doubt a good workout, as my legs were sore when I got home. 

From all these great photos however, myself and Smoke was offered a great opportunity!  To ride with Leisha Griffith at the Patrick King Mastering Communication Conference in September.  As Patrick is a friend of mine and sponsor, he saw that photo of me and Smoke 100 miles away from the barrel, and asked if I'd come and ride with them during the conference to help me and Smoke start earning some more cash for the charities!  I of course, accepted!  Not only is he having me ride at the conference, but he is also offering anybody that wishes to attend that purchases tickets through me, that 20% commission of sales will be donated to TEAM DO3 charities!!  So yet another way to earn some money for our cause!  So please email me for tickets!!

http://pkhorsemanship.com/premier-events/mastering-communication-conference/

I hope to see more team members at the conference, and learning right along with me to try to develop better skills of communication with our horses, in order to give back more!



No comments:

Post a Comment