Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

IBRA Ohio State Finals

This past weekend, my family and some of my friends headed to Lewisburg, Ohio to the Circle G Arena for the IBRA Ohio State Finals.  Even though I wasn't in the Top 10 for the Open (ended up 26th in 1D) and although I was in Top 10 for the Masters 1D, awards are for the Top 5. (I was 8th).  I felt pretty proud of the fact that Sis still was there with about three months off while I figured out how to time the Lasiks, etc. 

I had never been to the arena before, so my run on Friday night I used as somehwhat an exhibition.  With Sis, I can't really exhibition, as she isn't going to go too slow, so figured mind as well run a class while I showed her the arena.  We ran a 16.8 that evening.  Saturday, I ran the Masters class first, and we ran a 16.303.  Not too shabby.  But after we came out of the pen, she coughed twice.  So, I worried she was going to bleed again, therefore I pulled us out of the Open 4D.  I wanted to be safe, not sorry and end up with another three weeks off.  She was fine, but I'm glad I pulled her just in case. 



Sunday I was towards the end in the 4D.  Right before my run, a woman got seriously injured and the ambulance had to come out, delaying the show about a 1/2 hour.  I thought I was going to lose all my mojo with having to dismount and wait.  But, we ran a 16.1!  So each run we got faster.  I am pretty proud of her I have to say, especially when she's had less than a dozen runs this year.  I surely hope that the woman that was injured is ok.  That stuff is always scarey and usually messes with my head before a run.  I'm just glad I didn't see it, as otherwise, it could have. 



Some of my good friends and haulin partners Jeanie Bowersock and Debbie Gilbert made it in the Top 10 for Awards!  So happy for them!  It was a great weekend with my family and friends.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and having my Sissy girl back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment