Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Rodeo Kid #5, Dominique McAllister

This past weekend, Dreaming of Three expanded it's Rodeo Kid Program!  I am totally thrilled to see something I started a year ago on my own, just to give some families a night out without worry, has grown and other Team members are able to take part in these wonderful experiences.

I was hesitant at first, as I wanted to make sure the Team members who would take the families truly understood what I wanted to accomplish by adding this Program to DO3.  I wanted them to have the same enthusiasm as I did.  I wanted them to give the family a fun evening, filled with gifts and rodeo fun, and a chance to let their minds be free of the worries they have.

I knew I wanted to give these families these nights out without worry, because it was what my step father and mother needed during those months that he was fighting cancer.  I  got a gift for them of dinner and a Broadway show for Christmas.  I was able to see how it lifted their spirits and refreshed them just to have an evening out, thinking nothing about their troubles, but simply enjoying dinner and a show.  THIS is why I started the Rodeo Kids Program, but instead to entertain the family with my favorite show, RODEO!

When Carlie Hayes, a Texas Team member joined, she would always tell me how she would love to someday take a child to a rodeo like I had done through our Rodeo Kids Program.  I decided to acquire State Captains for each State, therefore allowing me to work closely with each Team member who took the role so I would know that they had compassion and enthusiasm for DO3.  Each State Captain is allowed to take a Rodeo Kid if they desire and Carlie quickly accepted.  We worked with the Ronald McDonald House of Ft. Worth and they found the McAllisters.

Here you can read more about Carlie's and TX Team DO3's night at the Rodeo with Dominique, Rodeo Kid #5!!!
http://www.txteamdo3.blogspot.com/2013/03/do3-rodeo-kid-dominique-mcallister.html


Upper Row:  Becca Mead, Erica Cole, Trenton Cole
Bottom:  Billy McAllister, Dominique McAllister, Carlie Hayes
THANK YOU TEXAS TEAM DO3!  You all did an awesome job!!!!
Certainly made DO3 Proud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment