Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Waynesburg, PA

This past weekend, was not my weekend for racing.  Which, I know those will happen from time to time.  My first run, Sis slipped at the first barrel, kinda wacking us all out, and I do believe I just quit riding for the most part.  They had just watered the arena, so I think that was the issue. 

My second run, she gave me some issues going into the pen.  It's kinda a long ways to the chute, and a zig zag at that, I have problems with those types.  We are better with straight shots.  But, I managed, and we were having a smoking run..however, we knocked the 3rd barrel.  I pulled up after that.  Is a chute where you run directly into a wall, or turn right at the fence...so is dangerous to say the least.  I wasn't willing to have any injuries if a barrel was knocked. 

But, I had a great time with friends, and arrived home safely at 2:30 a.m.  Some of my friends weren't so lucky.  Shirley Blauser's horse went to the fence at the first barrel, causing her to get thrown into her saddle.  She ended up breaking her pelvic bone, and is in surgery today.  She is a great lady, one with a smile on her face always.  So I hope she recovers quickly.  Several others got hurt as well as they came out of pen on the gate.  Falling off, and getting injured.  So I was truly happy for the safe return.

It's all a day in the life of a barrel racer.  Some good days, some bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment