Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Friday, December 28, 2012

The Holidays

During the Holidays, I think we all tend to miss our loved ones we've lost.  The memories never fade and the traditions that are broken because those loved ones are no longer here.  For me, I always have a moment of tearing up thinking about these things.

Christmas Eve was always spent with my father and his wife, Barbara.  They would come to our home, exchange gifts, and have dinner.

 
Christmas Eve to me will always bring back memories of my father, laughing, enjoying dinner and spending time together.  Unfortunately, his wife chose to not remain in contact with me or my family. So, not only did my children lose two grandfathers, they also lost another person in their lives that they have known since their birth.  I'll never understand her choices, or why a person whom we treated as our own family and loved, chose to walk away from seeing my children grow up, something my father will never witness.
 
Christmas Day is always spent with my Mother and my husband's mother and family.  My mom's house seems a little quieter without my step father there, and it seems to be a reminder that he is gone as well.  We still go through our normal traditions, but there is always a void. 
 
Although there is alot sadness for those we've lost around the Holidays, there is also a heightened sense of thankfulness as well for those that are still here.  I enjoy every moment of watching my kids open gifts and their excitement.  I enjoy the quiet moments with my husband by the fire place, relaxing together on a chilly night.  I'm thankful for them and for the moments I have to share with them.  I think losing so many of my family members in the past several years, have really heightened my senses of just appreciating the moments.    I think sometimes we get so caught up in the business of the Holidays, taking for granted that the people that are here now, will be there the following year as well.  Truth is, none of us can be sure of that, therefore, it's good to slow down and "smell the roses" as they say. 
 
Onto Team DO3!  We are growing daily!  I am so relieved to have Team Jersey sponsors!  Currently, our Team Jersey sponsor is Dog Pound Printing.  We are fastly going through the 50 shirts they have sponsored too!
 

It was probably the #1 thing I stressed over, was being able to afford to continue to give new members a Team Jersey.  However, it was very important to me to be able to continue to do so.  To me, when you join a sports Team, or any Team, having something to connect you all is what brings you together.  I know that most of the Team members have pride in wearing their jersey and wear it often.  So no doubt the Team Jersey sponsors will get alot of coverage!

My next Team Jersey sponsor, will be Nutrena Horse Feeds!


I am very thankful to both of these Team Jersey sponsors for supporting Team DO3!  I think we should be set for 2013!  Bring on the members!  I hope to double our donations!

I am moving forward with Non-Profit Status, and should be a certified 501c(3) for 2013, which will help me and anybody who sponsors Team DO3.  2012 was slightly different, as in the beginning of the year, I had sponsors who sponsored ME personally as a barrel racer.  2013, I will be accepting sponsors moreso for the Team in form of Year End Rewards or the Rodeo Kids Program.  Therefore, the Sponsors page will feature all of these companies, instead of having a Year End Reward page.  Sponsors will be the sponsors of Team DO3.  I want anything I receive from sponsors to benefit the Team, not myself. 

Unfortunately, the Sharon Camarillo clinic  was cancelled.  The participation was non-existant.  I had several sign up, then several cancel.  The only weekend I was able to have it was Memorial Day weekend due to Sharon's schedule being filled by the time I secured an arena.  Perhaps it was just a bad weekend, I don't know.  All I knew, was that I didn't want to stress all Spring about getting 12 riders in order to pay Sharon for her time.  I felt losing my $500 deposit was better than stressing all Spring, and having to pay several thousand because nobody signed up, but was too late to cancel.  I thought it was something different to raise money for the charities, but not all my ideas are good ones I suppose.  I just couldn't afford to spend more money to raise money for charities.  I have got to concentrate more on money coming in to DO3 for operating costs, instead of just spending my own money and harming my finances in 2013. So, I'll be learning about Grant writing in 2013 as well! 

So many things I am diving into that I would have never thought in a million years I would be doing when I started this all.  Things I am having to learn about that I would have never guessed I'd be learning.  This year has been a whirlwind no doubt!  DO3 took alot of turns that I certainly didn't plan.  I am very happy that it took on a life of it's own.  I suppose DO3 had a destiny that even I didn't know.  I feel as though somebody else has ideas of their own.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go. I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Psalm 25:12

I seemed to have a rough start for 2012 and my plans, but I am very proud of where Dreaming of Three/Team DO3 ended up at the end of 2012. 

One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.


No comments:

Post a Comment