Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Growing Pains

As Dreaming of Three continues to grow, I know there are certain things I have to "let go" of in order to have it be more successful and to be Nationwide.  I had decided several months ago (hard to believe when we've only been in existance for six months!), but I knew someday, I would need help in other States.  I knew I would have to hand over the reins to another Team member that has the same passion I do for what we are doing and accomplishing.  I held off, because Dreaming of Three is certainly my "baby".  It started from true heartbreak, grew into a Team from true friendship, and has grown into what it is now from true determination of wanting it to be successful and a well known organization within the equine industry and rodeo industry.  (perhaps that is thinking really large..but I hope we are a well known organization eventually!)  I could see that most the people I knew in my circles, most likely if they had an interest, had already joined.  I could only get to so many places in this area and reach only a small group of equestrians through local events.  Facebook, no doubt has helped others in other States find us.  Without that social networking, these Team members would have never found us.

So, after the Northstar stuff slowed down a little bit for me, it was time to concentrate on DO3 once more.  I decided to put together some "guidelines" in what I felt a Team Captain should follow and I emailed all the members these guidelines asking for volunteers.  As ultimately, I want it to be a person who has the same type of determination that I do for what we are doing and trying to accomplish.  I didn't want to appoint members that were in the States, as so far, we only had one in each State.  I wanted them to have the same pride as I do when I enter the arena knowing that I am out there trying to do so much more than win a barrel race.  Perhaps if they have also lost a loved one from cancer or heart disease, or that they have a link to animal rescue, Dreaming of Three will touch their heart just as much as it has touched mine. 

I had seven volunteers in the following States:

Brandi Reicheneker - Oklahoma State Captain
Carlie Hayes - Texas State Captain
Mary Elzie - Tennessee State Captain
Haylie Burch - Mississippii State Captain
Brittney  Barnett - California State Captain
Heather Jarman - North Carolina State Captain
Andrea Cherwinski - Michigan State Captain

I'm very thankful for their enthusiams on building their State's TEAM!  Once they have acquired 15 Team DO3 members in their State, they will be rewarded with a State Team Captain Jacket from Red Eagle Creations!  I felt that I wanted to do this for them, as they should be recognized as the State Captain at events so that people can ask questions about Dreaming of Three/Team DO3. 

Each Team captain was also asked to locate a local animal rescue for the Team members to donate to as well.  I felt that this would draw them closer as a State Team.  I hope it also brings awareness to these other animal rescues throughout the United States, as there are so many great organizations out there doing wonderful things!

I know we have alot to look forward to in 2013 with the addition of these State Captain's and the potential for more growth!  I have submitted an application to Tractor Supply for sponsorship and I am crossing my fingers they take notice of what we have accomplished so far!

We have raised over $3700 from Team member's reported donations, raised over $1600 from the Colorado Wildfire shirts, over $400 from the Oklahoma drought shirts, over $7000 from the Northstar silent auction, and over $6000 from the Northstar first round of shirts!  We are almost at $20,000 raised for charities and causes in just six short months!  Imagine what we'll do in a year's time!  Or when we get a full year of practice under our belts, and begin our second year!  I'm VERY excited for things to come in the future!

My new sponsor, Red Eagle Creations has made some wonderful shirts for some of our Team DO3 members! 



 
This shirt was made for Roz Taylor as she was opening up for Tommy Turvey at the Pennsylvania Horse Show in Harrisburg this past week!  She represented well, and even did a tv interview telling a little bit about her shirt and Dreaming of Three!


 My friend, Beth Penland also ordered a shirt for herself and competing at the All American Quarter Horse Congress this month in Columbus, Ohio.  She also ordered me one as well!  Thank you Beth!  Your friendshiph overwhelms me, from attending the very first Rodeo Kid night, from becoming a sponsor to help me on my way to raise money for the charities, from being the first member of TEAM DO3 and saving my behind when Sis was injured, taking my place to ride for the charities as I had sponsors and initials on my crosses I felt I had to live up to expectations, and from knowing how much I would LOVE this shirt!

I think they are pretty darn sharp!  It really makes me feel good that so many Team members are excited about wearing the logo, telling about Dreaming of Three and how proud they are to be on TEAM DO3!  I can see that all the time when a new item comes about.  Like the hoodies!
 
I have also decided that with November 15 coming up soon, and the Team members needing to send in their charity checks to me by that date, I wanted to have a "reward" for these members "giving back".  When I receive their checks, they will be entered into a drawing for the "Year End Reward".  I have added a page to the website with all the sponsors of this program.  Although, I do not have the value of all items donated, from the items I do have a value, I have acquired over $500 in prizes already!  I will continue to solicit sponsors that want to say "thanks" to these Team members for turning their passion for horses or rodeo into something to give back.  Hopefully, next year once we are a 501c, it will be easier to get donations for this prize package.  Ultimately, along with all the wonderful prizes, I want to be able to give a vacation package to the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas in December!  (ah, I like to dream big!)


So once again, as I write this blog, I am amazed at all the wonderful things I have to write about!  There is never a dull moment with this organization!  (or at least I try to make it that way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment