Making a Difference, One Ride At A Time

Making a Difference, One Rodeo, One Child at a Time!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Forever Safe

I am excited to go meet with the people from Forever Safe Farms, in Salem, Ohio this Satuarday to see where I can help them with some of their fund raising events.  I've only done one fund raising event on my own, and that was a spaghetti dinner for my step father when he was diagnosed with cancer. He had no insurance at the time.   My church helped with the dinner, and I collected autographed sports items for the silent auction.  With that silent auction I raised almost $4,000 for my step father.  Unfortunately, that day, there was a snow storm, so therefore, I believe alot of people that were going to attend, ended up staying home.  So, some of those items didn't get bid up as much as they would have otherwise.  I was still proud and thankful though for all the people that helped me with that endeavor.
 I gave Karrin of Forever Safe Farms some thoughts on where I could be of assistance.  Working for Franco, we come across alot of fund raising events that he participates and I know alot of people that do fund raisnig events on a regular basis that I could meet with and receive assistance. 
I love being involved with anything that helps save animals.  As they are helpless to do so for themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment